The Garden Girl

My photo
Virginia, United States
Living - Life - Simply - I garden some, write a little, and enjoy sharing a view - feel free to leave a view of your own.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Gee, It's Good To Be -

"Back home again...sometimes coming home feels just like a long lost friend" John DenverI do love the mountains so, yet I was born and raised along the Ocean. Mom brought me to the beach for the first time at two weeks old! I guess there'll always be that love for the sea, it is a part of me, where I was raised and went on to raise my own family. Often when people think of NJ  typically it's of big cities, hwys, airports, and factories, and there are plenty of those! But, I think of the sand between my toes, the crisp water, and the beautiful colors as the sunrise comes up over the horizon. And most of all ofcourse - my family.  
A familiar site - NJ Turnpike to 195 - Shore Points
The pillars that separate Belmar and Spring Lake
have been there as long as I can remember. It was
typical for these beach communities, originally established
by different churches, to separate themselves,
 some putting in a manmade lake!
Locals love weekends like this after September.
Temps were in the mid 80's, low humidity and
the water is usually warmer than it is in May.
"Boardwalkin" is what alot of daytrippers do.
Stroll along the boards, stop in some of the shops
and eat pizza!
Ofcourse I couldn't miss taking a pic of one of
the oldest and famous dance clubs at the Jersey Shore.
D'Jais!


Hard to believe that right past the picture of those pillars
is this lake, Lake Como. We lived at the end of the road
to the left and across the street from the lake.  

Parkway - The first street my grandfather had a house.
I think it was around 1946.
And our trip ended with a surprised bride!
She was a real sport, but has a great sense
of humor anyway...so we had fun.
On 11/11/11 they'll say "I Do" and dance their
first dance as husband and wife.
Their story shall begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers